The following items are prohibited anywhere on the Hanford Site or in Site-associated facilities.
- Knives considered to be dangerous weapons
- Spring blade knife, or any knife the blade of which is automatically released by a spring mechanism or other mechanical device, or any knife having a blade which opens, or falls, or is ejected into position by force of gravity, or by an outward, downward, or centrifugal thrust or movement.
- Knives, folding or straight blade, with a blade exceeding four (4) inches in length.
- Swords, machetes, hatchets, axes, straight razors, and similar cutting devices
- Knives considered to be exceptions
- A knife in possession of an employee that is recognized as a tool designed for use by the employee in performance of contract work.
- A knife readily recognized as kitchen cutlery, i.e., carving knife, steak knife, etc. However, such knives found in locations inconsistent with their use (e.g., vehicle glove box) with blades exceeding four (4) inches will be confiscated.
Explosives (to include simulated explosives)
Controlled substances (e.g. illegal drugs and associated paraphernalia, but not prescription medication) to include marijuana in any form and its derivatives.
Alcoholic beverages any beverage containing alcohol, including "near" and "non-alcoholic" beers, wines, teas and energy drinks which identify alcohol as an ingredient
Any items prohibited by law
Animals - Service dogs are authorized. Comfort animals are not authorized.
Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS), to include "drones": Any pilotless aircraft, whether controlled by remote, tethered or pre-programmed, brought onto or flown over the Hanford Site.
NOTICE: All vehicles and hand-carried items are subject to search at any time while on the Hanford Site or in Site-associated facilities.
The following items are allowed on the B Reactor Tour:
Computers and other devices able to record, read, or transmit data as standalone units (includes personal electronic devices, e.g., Palm Pilots, Apple iPods, MP3 players, etc)
Recording equipment (audio, video, and data)
Cameras (still, motion-picture, video)
Other Restrictions and Requirements
- Please dress appropriate for the weather and wear comfortable walking shoes.
Click link below for directions to the Tour Departure Location: