The Department of Energy has set dates for the 2013 Manhattan B Reactor Tour Program at the Hanford Site.
B Reactor Tours run from April 1st through
September 30th, 2013. Click on the registration
button on the right to begin the registration process.
Tour dates are:
- April 1, 2, 3, 6, 15, 16, 18, 20, 29 and 30
- May 1, 4, 14, 28 and 29
- June 8, 11, 12, 24, 25 and 26
- July 8, 9, 10, 22, 23, 24 and 27
- August 5, 6, 7, 19, 20, 21 and 24
- September 3, 4, 16, 17, 18 and 21
Registration will begin at 12:00 noon, on Saturday, March 2, 2013.
- Limited Group and School tours are available on first come first serve basis. For more information call (509) 376-1647.
There is no cost to participate in a Manhattan Project B Reactor Tour.
More than 35,000 visitors have toured the B Reactor since 2009 from all 50 States and over 60 countries. This has culminated in the reduction of the minimum age requirement from eighteen to twelve years in 2012. Interpretive items and historical displays are exhibited along the tour route with an informative presentation of the history and significance of the B Reactor.
The Department of Energy has gone to great lengths to ensure that the facility is safe and that any potential hazards for your child have been removed or sealed to prevent any contact with our visitors. The facility is vigorously inspected prior to each tour to ensure a safe and enjoyable visit.
Manhattan Project B Reactor Tour Requirements
- CAMERAS, CELL PHONES and OTHER RECORDING DEVICES are ALLOWED on the B Reactor Tours.
- All Tour participants must be at least 12 years of age to participate in a B Reactor Tour. If less than 18 years of age, a parent/guardian will need to sign a release form indicating that they are aware of the potential hazards, and their responsibilities for supervision of the child. There are no exceptions to this rule.